I prefer contact via email: email@example.com
Alternatively you can send me a message on LinkedIn
I am an ambitious engineering manager and software developer with more than 10 years of professional experience. I write code, I participate and speak at conferences, I build and teams, and mentor developers. I’ve worked in multiple industries including travel, fintech and adtech, both for product companies and software houses.
2019 — currently: Head of Technology at CGLytics/Diligent (Netherlands)
- Leading 2 teams of 10 people in total
- Responsible for overhauling CGLytics platform: upgrading software, updating architecture, ensuring platform scalability
- Performing as a “scrum master”, responsible for maintaining backlog, organizing daily and weekly updates, etc.
- Updated and formalized interview process for development teams
- Overhauled multiple parts of the team work: delivery and deployment process, sprint planning, code reviews, best coding practices, etc.
- Led 2 projects in parallel: hybrid mobile application built in Angular, and internal big data panel created with Vue.js
- Led hiring efforts in web development team
- Participated in multiple stages of project development: designing applications architecture, supporting developers on daily basis, implementing features, maintaining code quality
2017 — 2018: Head of Engineering at Ascenda (Singapore)
- Managed 3 teams of engineers with up to 16 direct reports
- Initiated and set up the first overseas team of Engineering (in Manila, Philippines) and growing development team from 8 to 20 people
- Overhauled team structure and processes as the company kept growing and maturing
- Mentored developers on all stages in their careers, from interns to team leaders
- Participated in team-wide and company-wide performance review
- Initiated and led efforts in moving company to a remote-first culture
- Continued to be a hands-on engineer, with working time split between programming and management activities
2015 — 2017: Lead Software Engineer at Ascenda (Singapore)
- Helped the company to grow from 2 to 8 engineers (and to around 20 by the end of 2018)
- Designed and led building 2 main company products: a web-based white label travel booking platform and API-based loyalty currency exchange
- Led effort in implementing major functionalities, including a hotel search engine written in Elixir
- Collaborated with other departments in removing bottleneck through design of internal tools
- Led multiple team meetings, including sprint planning and retrospective
- Introduced and organised internal workshops
2014 — 2015: Freelancing
- Built multiple client projects using Ruby on Rails, Backbone.js and AngularJS
- Worked remotely yet responsively for customer across multiple timezones
2012 — 2013: Software Developer at Fyber (Germany)
- Optimised ad serving engine to handle up to 300,000 requests/minute
- Led building advertiser self-service panel
- Worked closely with product managers to support data-driven decisions
2012: Back-End Developer at Flywire (Spain)
- Built an international money transfer platform that helps to reduce bank fees
- Worked on service oriented architecture, supported by libraries like AMQP and by a custom single sign-on solution
2009 — 2011: Software Developer at Netguru (Poland)
- Worked on multiple client projects, including on-line games, e-commerce site as well as HR tools
- Led workshops for students and helped in growing company by organising student internships
- Poznan University of Technology - BSc in Computer Science, 2007 — 2011
- Poznan University of Technology - MSc in Computer Science, 2011 — 2012
- Back-end development with Ruby, Elixir, Scala, Python, Node.js, PHP
- Front-end development with TypeScript, Angular, Vue.js, React.js
- Proficiency with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with multiple AWS services
- Experience with heavy-traffic, scalable applications, service oriented architecture
- Basic familiarity with machine learning, Kubernetes, Hashicorp tools
- I occasionally contribute to open source projects. I used to maintain Sorcery, a popular authentication library.
- I spoke at several technical conferences, including EuRuKo (European Ruby Conference), WebExpo Prague, RedDotRuby in Singapore, RubyConf Taiwan as well as Codemotion Berlin.
- I used to co-organise local meetups for Ruby Developers in Poland and Singapore, as well as meetups for Elixir and Erlang developers in Singapore.
- I volunteered as a programming coach in Singapore, Poland and Spain.
- I speak Polish (native), English (very fluent) and Spanish (conversational). Currently I study Dutch.